Monday 24 September 2012

Why don't I become a blogger?



Blogging does not sound like something I consider a viable career. To me, it is something that you do in your spare time about some vague interest that perhaps a couple of people take interest in. However, I have been proven completely wrong by Nikki Parkinson of Styling You, winner of Best Australian Blog 2011.

After having a look around at Nikki’s blog, I realised that this could be something I would like to do in the future. Especially as her blog appeals to my inner online shopper! The content, accompanied by the funky graphics, and even the advertising completely sucked me into the blog and after an hour, I wondered just what exactly I had done with my time!

While she did stress that a blog doesn’t take off overnight, as it requires commitment and consistency, she did point out that it could play a key role in obtaining my first job or even be the key to my career. Which is pretty exciting news after my reality check from John Grey!
So add professional blogger to my list of potential future careers! As the definition of journalism becomes increasingly broad, blogging is certainly something that has caught my interest. 

Have a look at some other blogs that have caught my eye:

  • 501 Places - Written by Andy Jarosz, this blog is full of thoughtful insights on travelling with a bit of humour thrown in.
  • The Cool Hunter - A blog celebrating what is beautiful and enduring from all that is sought-after in architecture, design, gadgets, lifestyle, urban living, fashion, travel and pop culture, led by founder Bill Tikos.
  • The Amateur Gourmet - The perfect combination of food and humour, complete with a section of comics, written by Adam Roberts.

No comments:

Post a Comment